Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top 10 Quotes from works of Literary Fiction

10. Catcher in the Rye: JD Salinger

 “Ask her if she keeps all her kings in the back row.”   


  9. Pride and Prejudice: Jane Austen

 It is a truth universally that a single man in possession of good fortune must be in want of a wife.”


 8. Tale of Two Cities: Charles Dickens

 “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”


7. Gone with the Wind: Margaret Mitchell

 “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”


6. Hamlet: William Shakespeare

 “To be or not to be, that is the question.”


 5. To Kill a Mockingbird: Harper Lee

 “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view; until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.”


4. The Outsiders: SE Hinton 

 “Maybe the two worlds we lived in weren’t so different. We saw the same sunset.”


3. Little Women: Louisa May Alcott

 “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.”


 2. Horton Hatches the Egg: Dr. Seuss

 “I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful one hundred percent.”


 1. The Wizard of Oz: L. Frank Baum

 “A heart is not judged by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment